Founded in 1873 in Forchheim (upper Franconia) by Georg Brunner as a supplier for grinding and polishing services, today's "Messer Scher & Licht" business can look back on more than a 140-year family history. After Georg Brunner's untimely death in 1899, his wife continued to operate the business and transferred it to her son Georg in 1906, who relocated the business to Klosterstraße. In 1920 the company relocated to today's address at Hornschuchallee 26. In 1948, Franz Brunner, who had just recently returned as a Russian POW, assumed ownership of the business. In 1973, the husband and wife team of Ferdinand and Erika Distler (maiden name Brunner) assumed ownership of the business. They transformed the company into its present form under the registered trademark "Messer Scher & Licht". In addition to knives from major German manufacturers and importers, the product line also includes kitchen knives from Germany, Switzerland, and Japan, as well as a host of insider tips in the form of low-volume series and niche manufacturers for a wide range of needs and expectations. The product line is enriched further by selected outdoor gear and a collection of premium flashlights. The Distlers selected a true classic, the "Stockman" model, as the CDC knife. However, the additional blades were removed from the knife for this application, making it even easier to handle and more suitable for everyday use. The blade is made from proven 440C
steel, which continues to be exceedingly popular due to its edge retention and resharpening properties. The polished blade is held open by a slip joint. The shell is made from thuja wood, equally a classic. The "Messer Scher & Licht" CDC is therefore a traditional pocket knife that is an equally desirable product for collectors and enthusiasts of classic pocket knives for everyday use. Limited to 100 copies world-wide.